Thursday, February 13, 2014

Comedy Part 511: Carpool To Oblivion

Location: Valley Park Funny Bone
Emcee: Frankie Chubb
After: Zach Martina
Before: Ryan Ries

Got some of the East Side band back together as I carpooled with Landon Meyer and Kevin Bunetic...also saw Joe "The Animal" Lancey and Wayne Wiskow at the show. I'd been to an open-mic or two at this club before...and I don't recall the audience ever being THAT rough. I've seen smaller crowds that were a lot of fun and I've seen bigger crowds that didn't make much noise, but this was the perfect storm of low numbers and low response. No one was getting much of anything on this night...I went up around the middle of a loaded show. I plowed through my planned material...the only significant laugh I got was for my wisecrack about the drink special being Nyquil...heh. I don't like leaving in the middle of a show, but I made an exception in this case...it was that kind of night.

No comments:

Post a Comment