Saturday, April 9, 2016

Comedy Parts 671-2: Hey Guys, Swingin' Doubleheader

Location: Hey Guys Comedy
Emcee: Me
Headliner: "The Swinger" David Scott

It's a good sign for off-stage conversation when a headliner asks "What'd you think of Mania?"  I even brought him on stage with the old NWO double-point...bwahahaha.  Since changing showtimes on Saturday from 8 and 10 to 7 and 9:15, the attendance has greatly improved at the club...I wasn't sure what to expect out of the late show this evening, but it turned out to be a slightly better turnout than the first show.  It was a fun, fun weekend all around...comedy paychecks are a nice perk that I'm still getting used to receiving.  My set on the first show was very similar to my Friday set, so I tried to switch things up on the late show; if I'm going to be doing feature-length sets, I want to have as much material as possible "fresh" in my mind.  Next up for me:  Open-mics at Westport Funny Bone on Tuesday, then Hey Guys on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment