Thursday, February 18, 2016

Comedy Part 654: Hey Guys, Contest Time Again

Location: Hey Guys Comedy
Emcee: Mike McGuire
After: Andrew Topping
Before: Libbie Higgins

I felt confident going into my set and I went up around the middle of the pack, an improvement over my previous Hey Guys contest outing when I went up first.  I kept some notes in my pocket and glanced at them a few times; that may have cost me in the stage presence department.  Cool to see Kory Kimbrell at the show; glad he could make it out.  I felt like my set went well, but I didn't advance in the contest; Bruce Veach told me that I missed the cut by two points.  Ouch.  Congratulations to the four winners:  Jeremy Hellwig, Andrew Topping, Libbie Higgins, and Josh Funneman!  Also, congrats to the two wildcards:  Rex & Echo Selix and Nathan Orton!

No comments:

Post a Comment