Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Comedy Parts 656-7: If You Were A Gas, You'd Be Inert

Location:  Helium Comedy Club(garage)
Emcee:  Rusty Hughes
After:  Cameron Keys
Before:  Jeremy Hellwig

Location:  Helium Comedy Club
Emcee:  Ryan Dalton
After:  Mike McGuire
Before:  Chris Cyr

Cool to make the list at Helium for the second time...they've started doing a pre-show workshop of sorts in the garage area, so I got to perform twice in the same evening.  I arrived in time to put my name in the bucket and went on stage second-to-last, trying out a handful of new bits I had been working on.  Valentine's Day jokes are in-season, so I might as well get those out on the table.  I got a few good laughs from a smaller audience of mostly comedians, so that was an accomplishment in itself.

I went up fairly early in the main show, so I didn't have as much time to psych myself out (har har).  I wanted to do a strong set, but I didn't want to do the same jokes that I had done in my previous Helium performance.  I looked at my notes too often, which is something I REALLY want to avoid (especially after the Hey Guys contest).  Despite that, I feel like I did well...and I was asked about performing at the "Dirty Dozen" show at Helium on March 2nd!  Very cool...I don't know if "dirty" comedy would be my wheelhouse, but I have a few edgier topics (some of which I used in my two sets that night).  Next up for me:  Wherever fate takes me next Tuesday...then the Dirty Dozen on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment