Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Comedy Part 630: Improv-ing Oneself

Location:  The Improv Store
Emcee:  Rafe Williams
After:  Brandon Judd
Before:  Eric Brown

The Improv Store has comedy shows on the first and third Wednesdays of the month...the third Wednesday is a local showcase, but the first is a standard open-mic night.  I hadn't been making the list at the Funny Bone clubs in recent weeks(which was disappointing given the great crowds on Thanksgiving week), so I decided to give this show a shot.  A ton of comics signed up and all of them got to perform, so it was a marathon of a show at around three and a half hours!  Luckily I was able to choose an early spot...this venue has a great receptive crowd, though I guess that should be expected from an improv audience since feedback is the order of the day.  I tried out a newer joke that borders on "too soon", but it went over pretty well...and I thought of a new tag for it right after my set.  Got a lot of positive feedback...woo.  May or may not go to Fitz's tomorrow night since I'm off work on Friday; will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment