Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Comedy Part 637: Heading Into The Holidays

Location:  Valley Park Funny Bone
Emcee:  Matt Rose
After:  Tim Convy
Before:  Jack Schurk

It was another strong turnout for a Funny Bone open-mic this week...was thankful to have made the list.  I now have another good line that fits into my "set the tone" material in the early part of my set; it has the added bonus of a local reference("Where'd you go to high school?").  I have a couple of newer bits that could use some work, but I didn't get to them this week.  Longer bits are tough to fit into open-mic sets since they use up a good chunk of your time...joke-pacing is also tricky since you can subconsciously rush through your jokes when the clock is on your mind.  I've had to learn over time to let the laughs play out instead of "stepping" on them with the next line.  I had another really strong set...that makes four times I've performed in the last five days.  Hope my family's not expecting me to be TOO wacky at the Christmas get-togethers...

No comments:

Post a Comment