Friday, December 4, 2015

Comedy Part 631: Not Your Father's Comedy Show

Location:  Fitz's
Emcee:  Jon Venegoni
After:  Stryker Spurlock
Before:  Cameron Wen

The title is a reference to my recent sampling of "Not Your Father's Root Beer" without knowing it was alcoholic...minor hilarity ensued.  At any rate, I didn't have to work the following day so I went to Fitz's for their weekly open-mic show.  I finally test-ran a new joke(about terrorist organizations taking credit for attacks and whether they had ever DENIED credit)...I forgot the second half of it, but oh well.  I mostly did new stuff, but I tend to stick to my intro since it sets the tone:  I'm aware of how I'm perceived by others and I think it's funny, so we can laugh at it together.  Next up for me:  Stopping by Hey Guys Comedy tonight for Kent Rader's show.  Standard open-mics are forthcoming at the Funny Bone shows and Hey Guys...will need to look into the new Helium club as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment