Thursday, January 7, 2016

Comedy 642: Hey Guys, Thursday Open-Mic

Location:  Hey Guys Comedy
Emcee:  Joe "The Animal" Lancey
After:  Stryker Spurlock
Before:  Adam Scro

We had a decent little turnout for the first Thursday open-mic at the Fairview Heights club (both in terms of comedians and audience)...even saw a grade-school classmate in attendance.  (Thanks for coming to the show, Carey!)  I was focused on working out my two newest extended bits, but included enough established material to have a solid set.  I need to rehearse those bits a few more times so they'll be smoother on stage...as it is, I feel like I'm trying to find the right wording on the fly in front of an audience.

On Wednesday night, I attended a local showcase at the area's newest comedy club:  The Helium Club in the St. Louis Galleria.  They're having a meeting with local comics next Tuesday and they'll have open-mic nights every Tuesday after that.  It'll be interesting to see how things shake out between the new club and the more established Westport Funny Bone...and I'm still figuring out my own decision in that regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment