Sunday, January 3, 2016

Comedy Parts 640-641: Hey Guys, We're Kicking Off 2016

Location:  Hey Guys Comedy
Feature:  Chris Smith
Headliner:  Christine Stedman

My Saturday evening plans changed at the last minute as club co-owner Bruce Veach contacted me about hosting the night's doubleheader of shows.  The 8:00 show got a HUGE turnout to the point that the wait staff was stretched thin...I feel like I had a good opening set and performing the hosting duties with no problem.  I assisted in bussing tables between shows as they had to clean up quickly before 10:00...that show only had about twenty people, but we still had a good time.  My opening set on the late show didn't go over QUITE as well, but the crowd was okay once they warmed up.  I stumbled a bit over Christine's introduction on the late show, but we got a good laugh over it...heh.  All in all, a productive night of comedy to start off the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment