Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Comedy Part 646: First Whiff Of Helium

Location:  Helium Comedy Club
Emcee:  Cameron Keys
After:  Tommy Chamberlain
Before:  Mark Norman

There are several Helium clubs in the U.S., but the newest one opened in the St. Louis Galleria a few weeks ago.  They've started strong with some significant headliners like Dave Attell...and they made the interesting decision to put their open-mic night on Tuesday, the same as Westport Funny Bone's open-mic.  That will divide the local comedy community between the longest-tenured club in the area and the new place on the block.

With online signup and a pre-emptive lineup posting, I didn't make the list for the first open-mic but I got to perform on the second one.  As is the case for any first performance at a venue, I wanted to make a strong impression and I feel like I did a great job tonight.  I went with my best possible four minutes and stuck to my time...the light system is a bit different so I had to adjust to that.  I have a few new ideas in the works, but it may be a bit before they're stage-ready...we shall see.  Next up:  Hey Guys Comedy in Fairview Heights on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment