Thursday, January 21, 2016

Comedy Part 645: Hey Guys, The Roads Are Clear

Location:  Hey Guys Comedy
Emcee:  Mike McGuire
After:  Tree Sanchez
Before:  Caleb Mahoney

While the cold weather put a slight damper on the open-mic attendance, we still had a fun show at the Fairview Heights club.  I focused on new material, even though a few bits still need a lot of work.  One thing I have really improved in recent times has been my pacing; I can remember rushing through open-mic sets in the past and unconsciously talking too fast for my jokes to be understood.  A couple of jokes seem to be "in season" with the recent snowfall, so I might as well put them to good use...heh.  As it turned out, the Westport Funny Bone's open-mic was cancelled on Tuesday so it's a good thing that I didn't try to drive out there...a combination of weather concerns and car issues kept me home on that night.  Next up for me is Tuesday night, whether it be the open-mic for the Westport Funny Bone or Helium...stay tuned to social media, or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment