Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Comedy Part 695: Helium Contest

Location:  Helium Comedy Club
Emcee:  Jeremy Essig
After:  Bryan Bushong
Before:  Joe "The Animal" Lancey

In all honesty, I took one look at the lineup for my contest evening and realized that I was a longshot (at best) to move on to the next round.  I decided that if I was striking out, I would go down swinging and the winners would have to earn it.  We were fortunate to have a receptive audience for a really strong show; just about everyone did really well, including myself.  Quite a few people had a legitimate shot of advancing in the contest; the winning trio were Scott James, Shon Don, and Kenny King.  Got a lot of compliments on my set afterwards; was glad to have a couple of friends in attendance for support.  Onward to Hey Guys Comedy on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment