Thursday, June 16, 2016

Comedy Part 697: Hey Guys, It's Another Contest

Location:  Hey Guys Comedy
Emcee:  Me
Lineup:  Rex & Echo Selix, Doug Morris, Lucas Hinderliter, Amanda Koltzbach, Joe "The Animal" Lancey, Spencer Tegtmeyer, Jeremy Eastep, Josh Funneman, Josh Moore, Brian McDowell, Tim Loss, Jamie Fritz, Gary Reinhardt
Winner:  Doug Morris

The winner of this competition would get a monetary prize and also automatic entry into next February's full-scale contest.  I never quite got around to entering the contest myself as Bruce Veach asked me to host the show instead...I was okay with that.  Given my recent track record in comedy contests, I don't know how well I would have fared anyway.  I had a short set at the end of the show while the audience votes were counted...unfortunately I stumbled over my newer jokes, but I hadn't done them too often before tonight.  I haven't gotten out to shows as often recently as I've stayed home on a few recent Tuesdays...will keep you posted about upcoming events.

No comments:

Post a Comment