Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Comedy Part 701: Keg Kontest

Location: Corner Keg (Highland, IL)
Emcee: Bruce Veach
After: Jeff Tolbert
Before: Hayden Hamilton

My comedy cavalcade continued for the week as I made the trip to Highland for the monthly contest.  Joe "The Animal" Lancey usually hosts, but he was otherwise engaged so Bruce handled the emcee duties while Brian McDowell judged and did the show-closing set.  I hadn't been to the Highland bar in a while; I had previously performed there for a more standard show, but these have been contests in recent months.  I felt like I had a really good set, though I wasn't sure how I would fare in the actual contest portion of the evening; there were several guys I hadn't seen before as well as familiar faces like Wayne Wiskow and Doug Morris.  Larry Smith won first place, but I got second and did win some money...so score, first time I'd ever won anything in a comedy contest!  (I'm told Amber Klear got third place; not sure how that came about.)  At any rate, my busy comedy week continues as I return to Hey Guys Comedy for the weekly open-mic on Thursday night...I may also do Fitz's if I feel up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment