Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Comedy Part 700: The 700 Club

Location:  Westport Funny Bone
Emcee:  Quentin Wilbert
After:  Jamie Fritz
Before:  Stephon Hightower

Would have been neat to hit the seven-hundred mark precisely on my ten-year anniversary, but I settled for hitting it at the site of my first comedy performance.  I nearly whiffed on the signup as I forgot about the earlier start time of 7:30, but thankfully they allowed me to add my name on the signup sheet and I made the list.  It was a lively audience and I had a really good set, mixing my newer material with a few established jokes.  The last ten years have been an eventful ride...who knows if the comedy thing will turn into anything significant overall, but it's been an interesting life experience and I've met a ton of cool people along the way.  Next up:  Think I'll check out Joe "The Animal" Lancey's comedy contest tomorrow night at the Corner Keg in Highland...

No comments:

Post a Comment