Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Comedy Part 375: Mic Stand Blues

Location: Westport Funny Bone
Emcee: Steve Poggi
After: Andrew Topping
Before: Jake Baker

In a minor experiment, I took the microphone out of the stand...my usual explanation for leaving it in the stand is that a) I don't want to end up fumbling around with the mic stand during my time and b) I don't want to lose time with the process of taking the mic out of the stand, moving the stand to the side, then moving the stand back and replacing the mic at the end of the set. That means more than you'd think in a four-minute span. As it turned out, I DID have trouble adjusting the mic stand at the end of the set...I just wrapped up with "I'm Patrick Brandmeyer and I don't know how to work a mic stand." :-D Only really tried out one new joke tonight...worked okay, could use a bit of fine-tuning but maybe that'll happen at Etc. tomorrow. Found out this past week that one of my newer jokes had been done elsewhere...that'll happen, I guess, though I hate to lose what I thought was a clever joke idea. Onward~!

No comments:

Post a Comment