Thursday, July 28, 2011

Comedy Parts 377-8: Miss & Hit

Location: Westport Funny Bone
Emcee: Steve Poggi
After: Kevin Bunetic
Before: Sean O'Brien

Location: Comedy Etc. II
Emcee: Aaron Brooks
After: Bruce Veach
Before: Jonathon Walters

Went a few weeks without stage time...didn't make the list at the Funny Bone last week and I totally forgot to e-mail and sign up for Etc. Slightly better on the stage time this week...was kinda disappointed in my set at the Funny Bone since I forgot some jokes I wanted to try...wasn't bad, just not quite as good as I had hoped it would be. I have a joke about getting cut off in traffic that may end up on the back burner until I can come up with a better punchline for it. The new material I tried at Etc. worked a bit better though I had to glance at my notes a few times. Actually tried out a joke that one of my non-comic friends had posted on Facebook...it's a topical joke so it probably won't have much shelf life anyway, so I figured I'd get it out there(um...retroactive thanks, Tom, LOL).

No comments:

Post a Comment