Thursday, December 8, 2011

Comedy Part 411: Laugh Hunting

Location: Comedy Etc. II
Emcee: Matt Idoux
After: Dan Schmidt
Before: J.C. Sibala

Took a break from the job and roommate hunting...wasn't on the original list but at least one person cancelled so I pinch-hit. Dusting off material I haven't used in a while to prepare for upcoming longer sets...got a few extra shows in the second half of December. I'll be performing at a Funny Bone showcase next Monday and will also be doing a show in Red Bud next week Friday. On top of that, I'll be part of a show at Off Broadway on the Monday after Christmas...coolness. Have put a few new ideas down on notebook paper but not quite sure where to go with them yet...hopefully I can work those out in the upcoming months. As for last night's set, it was hit-and-miss...decent crowd for Wednesday open-mic, at any rate. It's funny to realize that while jokes may be repetitive to me or the other comics, there aren't many audience members who go to EVERY show so it's mostly fresh to them(talked to Tom Shelton about that on Tuesday night). It's also weird to think that I'm one of the more experienced comics out of the usual Etc. open-mic crowd, though I still don't feel THAT qualified to give advice...heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment