Friday, December 16, 2011

Comedy Part 416: Church Chat

Location: St. Peters United Church Of Christ in Red Bud
After: Andrew Frank
Before: Randy Toles

Joe Murray put the word out that he was looking for comedians to do a show in Red Bud, emphasizing that he was looking for clean acts. I figured I could handle that(LOL) so I threw my Wayne's World cap in the ring. No pressure to be squeaky-clean, especially not with the church pastor in attendance...heh. They had dinner beforehand so that was a nice perk. I tried to alter a few jokes to make them even more sanitized for the environment, though they didn't seem the mind the edgier stuff. The event organizer Craig Bielke introduced the comics and Andrew went up for his set, then we just did the show relay-style as Andrew introduced me and I introduced Randy at the end of my set. Oh yeah, we got paid...hate to be monetarily-oriented about it(hard NOT to be given my current financial situation) but it's very cool to get paid to do comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment