Thursday, December 29, 2011

Comedy Part 420: 2011 Etc.

Location: Comedy Etc. II
Emcee: Dan Schmidt
After: Jack Merrywell
Before: Kerrie Nieman

Barring a guest set on Friday, this was my last comedy performance of the calendar year. I've been getting on stage fairly consistently and have progressed quite a bit...I had a total of four paid gigs so I made a small amount of money from comedy as well. A lot of new venues opened up on the local scene...a necessity given the sheer number of people venturing on the comedic route these days. Given my current financial situation, I may have to restrict my comedy travels until my finances are under control. :P

Rob Durham recently referred to me as one of the most improved comics in the St. Louis area...very cool. I'm a big fan of his comedy and hope to pick up his new book "Don't Wear Shorts On Stage"(now available online) very soon. *cheap plug*

Taking a different approach to my passing Harry Potter resemblance, using the reference as a lead-in to my job material. The front row of people was very chatty over the course of the night...I honestly need more practice in responding to audience members and it's not something you can actively prepare to do. Thankfully, other comics took care of that...bwahahaha.

1 comment: